Home » Posts tagged 'WCW World War 3'
Tag Archives: WCW World War 3
“Russia will deploy Iskander missile systems in its enclave in Kaliningrad to neutralize, if necessary, the anti-ballistic missile system in Europe.”
– Dmitry Medvedev, former Russian president, November 2008 in his first presidential address to the Russian people
2013 was a year when Europe tried to reallign its primary source of natgas energy, from Gazpromia to Qatar, and failed. More importantly, it was a year in which Russia’s Vladimir Putin undisputedly won every foreign relations conflict that involved Russian national interests, to the sheer humiliation of both John Kerry and Francois Hollande. However, it seems the former KGB spy had a Plan B in case things escalated out of control, one that fits with what we wrote a few days ago when we reported that “Russia casually announces it will use nukes if attacked.” Namely, as Bloomberg reports citing Bild, Russia quietly stationed a double-digit number of SS-26 Stone, aka Iskander, tactical, nuclear-capable short-range missiles near the Polish border.
The range of the Iskander rockets:
- Russia has stationed missiles with a range of about 500 kilometers in its Kaliningrad enclave and along its border with the Baltic states of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, Germany’s Bild-Zeitung reports, citing defense officials it didn’t identify.
- Satellite images show a “double-digit” amount of mobile units identified as SS-26 Stone in NATO code
- Missiles were stationed within the past 12 months
- SS-26 can carry conventional as well as nuclear warheads
In other words, Russian quietly has come through on its threat issued in April 2012, when it warned it would deploy Iskander missiles that could target US missile defense systems in Poland. From RIA at the time:
Moscow reiterated on Tuesday it may deploy Iskander theater ballistic missiles in the Baltic exclave of Kaliningrad that will be capable of effectively engaging elements of the U.S. missile defense system in Poland.
NATO members agreed to create a missile shield over Europe to protect it against ballistic missiles launched by so-called rogue states, for example Iran and North Korea, at a summit in Lisbon, Portugal, in 2010.
The missile defense system in Poland does not jeopardize Russia’s nuclear forces, Army General Nikolai Makarov, chief of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces, said.
“However, if it is modernized…it could affect our nuclear capability and in that case a political decision may be made to deploy Iskander systems in the Kaliningrad region,” he said in an interview with RT television.
“But that will be a political decision,” he stressed. “So far there is no such need.”
Looks like a little over a year later, the “political decision” was taken as the need is there. But why does Russia need to send a very clear message of escalation at a time when the Cold War is long over, when globalization and free trade, promote game theoretic world peace (or “piece” as the Obama administration wouldsay), oh, and when Russia quietly has decided to reestablish the former USSR starting with the Ukraine.
We’ll leave the rhetorical question logically unanswered.
High Frequency Terrorism | Zero Hedge. (source)
There is a real fear in the markets now and it is not being caused by Europe, LIEbor, Linda Green, London Whales, etc. The fear is focused on the structure of how prices are discovered and assets/risk are transferred to willing participants. Bad algorithms have been treacherous in the past, to put it lightly. The debate has been focused so much on the ways exchanges have destroyed their reputations by selling enhanced data feeds with your trade information in it. Every time you trade, your order is routed to a given location to be matched and whether it executes AON, filled 100 blocks in 5 minute intervals at VWAP, cancelled and readjusted stop limit, adjustments to limit order prices/sizes, etc, is recorded and given an account number.
This data is grouped and sold by exchanges and market centers to participants with computer capable of processing and utilizing the encoded “enhanced data feed”. This insight into quantifiable market participant behavior is on a material level and could be argued as being insider information.
Now imagine the smartest minds we have focused on and picture their intent not being keen on ROI but on chaos and havoc. Imagine someone has all this information regarding given perceptions of all participants within the US capital market structure, from equities to futures to commodities to currency to bonds for any given millisecond. Imagine that the Russian gov’t, Chinese gov’t, and Iran gov’t had access to this information and in a coordinated effort decided to attack and manipulate the US markets through high speed access and rapid flows of orders that could trick machines and send errant signals regarding the reality of the market at any given time.
The recent mess with Facebook and BATS have shown the vulnerabilities of our exchange centers and regulators. Most of the national focus here in the US has been portrayed as something that is contained with our boarders, however should something more sophisticated (Stuxnet and Flame?) be deployed within our market structure (perhaps through those shell brokerages tied to Al-Queada we’ve heard about) only then will the focus change. We need to recognize and consider the probability of something like this happening.
Page 2, Paragraph 3 of Economic Warfare: Risks & Responses:Perhaps its time we pressure the CFTC and SEC to reach a definition already on HFT and get their shit in line. This whole mess of a capitalist market is primed to collapse at any moment. No one is ready, not the exchanges, not the regulators, not the participators, not the governments, no one. We have no back up should assets prices drop like they did on May 6, 2010 and not rebound. Imagine more MFG’s and PFG’s vaporizing client money as commodity prices go haywire, like the Oil Complex did. As “normalcy bias” continues to grip those involved in the debate, we must focus on the shared vulnerability to damage by a rouge nation or coordinated behavior by nations fighting a battle that isn’t on a the typical battlefield. Picture World War 3 being a financial war, not a weaponry war.Think about it.
- HFT Madness: Nasdaq Spoofing, HBAN, Google Options (valuewalk.com)
- Why does Singapore Exchange Seek High-Frequency Traders? (ultrahighfrequencytrading.com)
- High Frequency Trading: Is It A Dark Force Against Ordinary Human Traders And Investors? (forbes.com)
- The Road to World War 3 (globalelite.tv)
- World War 3. (christscrusader.wordpress.com)
- Dr. John Trumpbour: The Clash of Civilizations & Perpetual War! (socioecohistory.wordpress.com)
- What will WIII (World War 3) look like? Russia, China, North Korea vs. United States, European Union, Canada etc. etc. (mannyrivers.wordpress.com)
- World War Three- 3/10 (grumpywhovian.wordpress.com)
- Gerald Celente: Middle East out of control, world waiting for a flashpoint to World War III (theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com)
- Gerald Celente: Crash, Depression, Currency Wars, Trade Wars, Then Real Wars- The End Game Approaches (silverdoctors.com)
- Politics & NWO – Re: Russia draws line in the sand on Israel/US on Syria… (disclose.tv)