Home » Posts tagged 'Warfare and Conflict'
Tag Archives: Warfare and Conflict
Over the course of the last few years we have vociferously exposed the growing inequalities and divergences between various elements of the status quo society.
With even the President now seemingly inciting class warfare(which as we discussed here and here is becoming an increasingly new normal “age warfare” issues); we roll out the wayback machine for 150 seconds of clarity from Doug Casey. With roughly half the American people net recipients of government support in some way (and work punished), Casey explains what happens when the entitled elect themselves (as Michael Burry so aptly noted “the party accelerates, and the brutal hangover is inevitable,”) and the social and political consequences.
|The Syrian capital Damascus was hit by a power cut late on Wednesday, shortly after an explosion near the international airport, residents said.
“The whole city just went dark,” said a resident who lives in the centre of the city and asked to remain anonymous.
An AFP journalist in Damascus said he could see from a distance a huge fire blazing near Damascus International Airport, which is located near the affected power station.
A Damascus resident told Al Jazeera on Thursday morning that power had been restored in most of the capital.
State news agency SANA quoted Electricity Minister Imad Khamis as saying that electricity in “all provinces” had been cut off due to “a terrorist attack on the gas pipeline feeding the electricity generating stations in the southern region.”
“A terrorist attack on a gas pipeline that feeds a power station in the south has led to a power outage in the provinces, and work to repair it is in progress,” Emad Khamis said on Wednesday.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a UK-based group that reports on abuses and battlefield developments using sources from both sides of Syria’s civil war, said the explosion was caused by rebel artillery that hit a gas pipeline near the airport.
The Observatory said the rebel shelling was aimed at the town of Ghasula, a few kilometres from the airport. Rebels have been trying to push into the capital, a stronghold of President Bashar al-Assad, whose family has ruled Syria for four decades.
“It is likely this was a large-scale operation planned well in advance,” said Observatory director Rami Abdel Rahman.
In September, a similar outage was caused after a high-voltage power line was sabotaged.
- Blast at gas pipeline near Damascus causes southern Syria blackout..Israel or rebels? (seeker401.wordpress.com)
- Damascus in the Dark After Rebels Hit Gas Pipeline (israelnationalnews.com)
- Syria says terrorist attack causes country-wide blackout (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Rebels Blast Gas Pipeline Near Damascus Causing Southern Syria Blackout (eurasiareview.com)
- India successfully test fires nuclear-capable Agni V long range missile (ufohunterorguk.com)
- India test-fires nuclear capable indigenous missile (thebricspost.com)
- USA desperate to save its nuclear industry from being accountable for any accidents in India (nuclear-news.net)
U.S. Admits No Imminent Threat from Syria, No Clear Evidence Assad Ordered Chemical Weapons Attack | Zero Hedge
- Assad alleges he lost control of military, at least for a moment (examiner.com)
- Try PEACE and Cease: Syria (economicsandinstitutions.com)
- John Kerry on Syria: Assad has one week to hand over chemical weapons arsenal and avoid attack (independent.co.uk)
- Russia Urges Assad To Cede Control Of His Chemical Weapons (wnyc.org)
- Assad: If US Strikes Syria, ‘Expect Every Action’ in Return (newser.com)
- More American military members come out against Syria attack (fireandreamitchell.com)
- Members of US military didn’t join to fight with Al Qaeda (fireandreamitchell.com)
- U.S.: Al Qaeda-linked Group Behind Benghazi Attack Trains Jihadists for Syrian Rebel Groups (freebeacon.com)
- Former Congressman Kucinich: Striking Syria Will Make U.S. Military ‘Al-Qaeda’s Air Force’!! (socioecohistory.wordpress.com)
- US strike would help al-Qaeda: Syria (sbs.com.au)
- Western strikes against Syria ‘within days’ – Middle East – Al Jazeera English (uglicoyote.wordpress.com)
- ‘US attack on Syria more violence in ME’ (rinf.com)
- SYRIA – USA – Attacking Syrian serves no purpose. The Middle East needs tolerance, not weapons (asianews.it)
- Two-three day attack could devastate the entire infrastructure of Syria – expert (voiceofrussia.com)
Experts: U.S. Case that Syrian Government Responsible for Chemical Weapons Is Weak | Washington’s Blog
- Why Should Chemical Weapons Be a Red Line in Syria – or Anywhere Else? (reason.com)
- U.S. Admits It Has No Idea WHO Carried Out Syrian Chemical Weapons Attack (washingtonsblog.com)
- Experts: Don’t bomb chemical weapon sites in Syria (dailystar.com.lb)
- Obama: Syrian government behind chemical weapons attack (arkansasonline.com)
- Will Attacking Syria Prevent More Chemical Weapons Attacks? (defenseone.com)
The U.S. Has Repeatedly Falsely Accused Others of Chemical and Biological Weapons Use | Washington’s Blog
- The simple reason why international intervention in Syria is necessary (liberalconspiracy.org)
- Russian official accuses U.S. of Biological Weapons Violations (secretsofthefed.com)
- In Rush to Strike Syria, U.S. Tried to Derail U.N. Probe (ipsnews.net)
- Russia Defends Syria Amid Chemical Weapons Allegations (npr.org)
- BEST OF THE WEB FLASHBACK: U.S. ‘planned to launch chemical weapon attack on Syria and blame it on Assad’ (sott.net)
- Claims of Chemical Weapons Attack in Damascus (worldnewscurator.com)
- Hundreds Dead In Syrian Chemical Attack As Even Impartial Experts Allege ‘False Flag’ (davidicke.com)
- US Has “Strong Indications” Assad Used Chemical Weapons; Russia Says Rebel False Flag (ncrenegade.com)
- USS Nimitz arrives in Bahrain as embassies closed for security threat reopen (stripes.com)
- Georgia, U.S. hold naval exercises in Batumi (en.trend.az)
- Bahrain Concerns About Possible US Fifth Fleet Contingency Plan (wikileaks-forum.com)
- US navy makes history by landing unmanned drone on aircraft carrier (guardian.co.uk)