Home » Posts tagged 'Tesco'
Tag Archives: Tesco
Reports are that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is engaged in a massive, covert military buildup. An article in the Associated Press in February confirmed an open purchase order by DHS for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition. According to an op-ed in Forbes, that’s enough to sustain an Iraq-sized war for over twenty years. DHS has also acquired heavily armored tanks, which have been seen roaming the streets. Evidently somebody in government is expecting some serious civil unrest. The question is, why?
Recently revealed statements by former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown at the height of the banking crisis in October 2008 could give some insights into that question. An article on BBC News on September 21, 2013, drew from an explosive autobiography called Power Trip by Brown’s spin doctor Damian McBride, who said the prime minister was worried that law and order could collapse during the financial crisis. McBride quoted Brown as saying:
If the banks are shutting their doors, and the cash points aren’t working, and people go to Tesco [a grocery chain] and their cards aren’t being accepted, the whole thing will just explode…
- Martial Law and the Economy: Is Homeland Security Preparing for the Next Wall Street Collapse? (rinf.com)
- British wheat crop ‘falls by third’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Heatwaves will make crops produce smaller grains (guardian.co.uk)
- Survey: More than half of Marylanders say climate change causing harm (times-news.com)
- Cheap food, poor farms, public anger… so what is Tesco’s Philip Clarke going to do about it? (guardian.co.uk)
- Cheap food is an addiction we must break (guardian.co.uk)