Home » Posts tagged 'Real estate pricing'
Tag Archives: Real estate pricing
U.K. house prices rose to a record last month as easier access to credit drove first-time buyers back to the market. As Bloomberg reports, the second phase of the government’s Help to Buy program was introduced this week, providing government-guaranteed mortgages to buyers with smaller deposits. The acceleration has fueled further concerns that the initiative may stoke a bubble. But have no fear…
- *BOE’S CUNLIFFE SAYS U.K. HOUSING NEEDS TO BE WATCHED CAREFULLY
- *CUNLIFFE SAYS DOESN’T AGREE U.K. IS ENTERING A HOUSING BUBBLE
What could go wrong? – “Demand has increased significantly in a short space of time, and raced ahead of the supply of homes.” Now where have we heard that before?
U.K. house prices rose to a record last month as easier access to credit drove first-time buyers back to the market, Acadametrics said….
- U.K. September Inflation Rate Unexpectedly Stays at 2.7% (bloomberg.com)
- U.K. September Home Prices Rise as Aid Programs Boost Demand – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Cameron’s Housing-Market Loan Fix Seen as Bad Policy for Britain (bloomberg.com)
- House prices hit record high during summer (theguardian.com)
- Re: Which Housing Bubble Is Going To Pop first: Australia, U.S., U.K. or Singapore? (forum.prisonplanet.com)
What if Canada had a housing market correction and no one noticed?
That’s what real estate expert Phil Soper says has played out over the past year: the sharpest decline in home sales since the Great Recession.
“Canada experienced a significant housing market correction over the last four quarters that most in the nation missed entirely,” Soper, president and CEO of Royal LePage, said in the company’s third-quarter report.
“Many regions experienced dramatic slowdowns in the number of homes trading hands, but news of double-digit unit sales declines went largely unnoticed, over-shadowed by a macabre fascination with the prospect of a U.S.-style home price collapse, which of course never transpired.”
Until recently, Toronto and a number of other major markets experienced a sales slump, but little to no decline in prices. The number of homes for sale also dropped during that time as sellers also stepped aside, keeping pricing stable….
- 3rd quarter real estate report – Canada emerges from the housing market correction nobody noticed (jenellecameron.wordpress.com)
- Edmonton’s housing market dropping after hot summer (globalnews.ca)
- Boomers like their homes and gardens, and they’re not rushing to downsize to condos (vancouversun.com)
- Foreign buyers fuelling sales in luxury real estate market: report (macleans.ca)
Bob Shiller Warns “None Of This Is Real; The Housing Market Has Become Very Speculative” | Zero Hedge
- Case-shiller Home Price Appreciation Decelerates (businessinsider.com)
- Two Big Housing Risks-Ending Fed Stimulus & Speculation-Professor Robert Shiller (rvnewstoday.com)
- Case-Shiller Home Prices Rise Just 12.2% (ITB, XHB) (businessinsider.com)
- Home Prices in 20 U.S. Cities Increased at Slower Pace – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Dallas-area home prices post record increase in June (bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com)
- Toronto, Hamilton lead real estate recovery (thestar.com)
- Calgary prices for repeat home sales continue to climb (calgaryherald.com)
- Home prices suffer smallest annual increase since 2009: Teranet (business.financialpost.com)
- Canadian home prices rose 1.0 percent in June from May – Teranet (xe.com)
- UK House-Price Index Rises to Highest Since 2006, RICS Says – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Canadian home prices hit all-time high in July (business.financialpost.com)
- US house prices continue to rise (emigrate2news.wordpress.com)
- Wealthy foreign buyers boost London property bubble which ‘could burst’ (and one in 10 mortgages are now buy-to-let) (thisismoney.co.uk)
- London Leads U.K. Home Prices to Record as Sales Rise (bloomberg.com)
- UK: House price rise fastest since 2010 (eadt.co.uk)
- House prices to rise £33,000: Property boom shows no sign of slowing (express.co.uk)
- What drives our passion to own a home? (business.financialpost.com)
- Canada’s housing meltdown? Must’ve missed that (business.financialpost.com)
- Editorial: Good intentions for housing aren’t enough (calgaryherald.com)
- Flaherty sees no ‘doom and gloom’ in housing market (bnn.ca)
- Canada’s Flaherty: No ‘doom and gloom’ in Canada housing market (xe.com)
- Housing Market Optimism (southvalleyhomes.wordpress.com)
- Return of the Housing Bubble? (cepr.net)
- Canadian Finance Chief on Those Betting Against Housing Market: ‘I Wish Them Bad Luck’ (blogs.wsj.com)
- Home Flipping Indicates Recovery Of Housing Market (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- Calgary listed as one of Canada’s more affordable housing markets (calgaryherald.com)
- The Hottest Housing Markets of 2013 (247wallst.com)
- Is Austin’s housing boom creating a bubble? (kvue.com)
- Trulia: Why There’s No Home-Price Bubble (blogs.wsj.com)
- Don’t Believe New Housing Bubble Hype (blogs.wsj.com)
- Haunted By The Last Housing Bubble, Fitch Warns “Gains Are Outpacing Fundamentals” (rvnewstoday.com)
- Fraud Is The Biggest Bubble In History (ritholtz.com)
- Presenting: The Housing Bubble 2.0 (financialsurvivalnetwork.com)