Home » Posts tagged 'President of the United States'
Tag Archives: President of the United States
Uruguay’s President Jose Mujica has quietly signed into law the government’s plan to create a regulated, legal market for marijuana, his spokesman says.
Presidential secretary Diego Canepa told The Associated Press on Tuesday that Mujica signed the legislation Monday night. That was the last formal step for the law to take effect.
- Uruguay becomes 1st nation to legalize marijuana trade
- Uruguay’s pot legalization could be ‘tipping point’ in war on drugs
Bureaucrats now have until April 9 to write the fine print for regulating every aspect of the marijuana market, from growing to selling in a network of pharmacies.
They hope to have the whole system in place by the middle of next year. But as of Tuesday, growing pot at home is legal in Uruguay, up to six plants per family and an annual harvest of 480 grams.
Peter Schiff On The Debt Ceiling Delusions | Zero Hedge. (FULL ARTICLE)
Submitted by Peter Schiff via Euro Pacific Capital,
The popular take on the current debt ceiling stand-off is that the Tea Party wing of the Republican Party has adelusional belief that it can hit the brakes on new debt creation without bringing on an economic catastrophe. While Republicans are indeed kidding themselves if they believe that their actions will not unleash deep economic turmoil, there are much deeper and more significant delusions on the other side of the aisle.Democrats, and the President in particular, believe that continually taking on more debt to pay existing debt is a more responsible course of action. Even worse, they appear to believe that debt accumulation is the equivalent of economic growth.
If Republicans were to inexplicably prevail, and the federal government were to cut spending so that its expenditures matched its tax revenues (a truly radical idea) the country’s financial mess would be laid bare. The government would have to weigh the relative costs and benefits of making interest payments on Treasury debt (primarily to foreign creditors) or to trim entitlements promised to U.S. citizens. But those are choices we will have to make sooner or later anyway. In fact we should have dealt with these issues years ago. But generations of mechanistic debt ceiling increases have allowed us to perpetually kick the can down the road. What could possibly be gained by doing it again, particularly if it is done with no commitment to change course?…
- SchiffReport: Out with the Debt Ceiling, in with the Debt Target! (silveristhenew.com)
- Peter Schiff Warns of Martial Law (thedailysheeple.com)
- Peter Schiff discusses the fraud in disability claims (marketsanity.com)
- Peter Schiff discusses Bernanke’s deception and the next recession (marketsanity.com)
- Obama: Worst President in History of the USA? (zerohedge.com)
- Louie Gohmert: Obama Has Stirred Up More ‘Racial Tension And Violence’ Than Any President Since The 1960s (huffingtonpost.com)
- Russia Makes a Fool Out of Obama, Over and Over (conservativeread.com)
- Obama: A Joke In His Own Time? (conservativesonfire.wordpress.com)
- “Obama’s The Reason I Lost My Home!” (theobamacrat.com)
- 15 Arrests in Peru Anti-Govt Protests (wikileaks-forum.com)
- Thousands of anti-govt protesters teargased by Peru police (PHOTOS, VIDEO) (rt.com)
- Peru clashes over President Humala’s civil service plan (arunbabyveranakunnel.wordpress.com)
- In Peru capital, 15 arrested in anti-government protest (foxnews.com)
- Peru clashes over proposed reforms (irishtimes.com)