Home » Posts tagged 'LulzSec'
Tag Archives: LulzSec
Former DHS Privacy Officer Mary Ellen Callahan: DHS Privacy Office was accused monthly of being “terrorists” by DHS, IC
“DHS” stands for the Department of Homeland Security; “IC” stands for the intelligence community.
This is not an isolated or melodramatic statement. Rather, it is how the homeland security and intelligence communities look at privacy.
For example, former NSA and CIA boss Michael Haydencompared privacy advocates to terrorists:
“If and when our government grabs Edward Snowden, and brings him back here to the United States for trial, what does this group do?” said retired air force general Michael Hayden, who from 1999 to 2009 ran the NSA and then the CIA, referring to “nihilists, anarchists, activists, Lulzsec, Anonymous, twentysomethings who haven’t talked to the opposite sex in five or six years”…..
- Former DHS Chief Privacy Officer Was Regularly Called a “Terrorist” by the Intelligence Community (libertyblitzkrieg.com)
- Speaking of releasing government documents… (terrortrials.blogspot.com)
- Who Wants to Be NSA’s First Civil Liberties and Privacy Officer? (animalnewyork.com)
Former NSA Head, Michael Hayden, Aggressively Attacks the Entire Hacking Community | A Lightning War for Liberty
- Former NSA director predicts cyber-terror attacks if Snowden apprehended (theguardian.com)
- A Former NSA Chief Thinks Privacy and Free Information Activists Are Potential Terrorists (motherboard.vice.com)
- Former NSA chief: Snowden defenders are ‘twentysomethings who haven’t talked to the opposite sex’ (rawstory.com)