Home » Posts tagged 'Hassan Nasrallah'
Tag Archives: Hassan Nasrallah
An al-Qaeda linked group claimed responsibility for the November 19 attack [EPA]
|The leader of Lebanon’s Hezbollah has accused Saudi Arabia of being behind last month’s two suicide bombings that targeted the Iranian Embassy in Beirut.
Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah’s comments on Tuesday mark the first time Hezbollah has openly accused the kingdom, and marks a sharp escalation in the Shia Muslim group’s rhetoric.
An al-Qaeda linked group has claimed responsibility for the November 19 attack that killed 23 people, saying it was in response to Hezbollah and Iran’s involvement in Syria.
Nasrallah said the claim was credible but accused Saudi intelligence of providing backing and support.
He also said Saudi intelligence was behind daily attacks in Iraq.
Nasrallah spoke in an interview Tuesday with Lebanon’s private OTV network.
Elsewhere in Lebanon, clashes resumed on Tuesday between Lebanese armed groups who back opposing sides of Syria’s war and 21 fighters were arrested by the army as it pursued a six-month-long mandate to end bloodshed battering the city of Tripoli.
The conflict between the majority Sunni Muslim Bab al-Tabbaneh district and the adjacent Alawite neighbourhood of Jebel Mohsen in Tripoli has killed more than 100 people this year.
But residents, fighters and a local politician told Reuters on Tuesday it was unlikely to end soon despite army efforts.
Over the weekend, the relatives of the car bomb victims protested in a Tripoli square, demanding that leading Alawite political leaders be arrested and calling for Jebel Mohsen’s electricity and water supplies to be cut off.
The latest clashes started after repeated attacks on Alawite targets over the past week in which several people were wounded.
Ten people were killed over the weekend.
The army provided no details on the 21 men seized by soldiers.
14 Dead In Blast Near Pro-Syria Hezbollah HQ In Beirut, Syrian Rebels Take Responsibility | Zero Hedge
- Twenty dead as car bomb blasts Hezbollah stronghold in Beirut (abc.net.au)
- Death toll from car bombing in Hezbollah’s Beirut stronghold at least 14 – Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)
- Car Bomb Targeting Hezbollah in Lebanon Kills 20 (worldnewscurator.com)
- Why Does Europe Think Hezbollah Is Only Partly Terrorist? – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Bahrain asks Gulf states to put Hezbollah on terror list (timesofisrael.com)
- ‘4,000 well-armed, prepared to die’ Hezbollah fighters in Syria (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)
- Hezbollah said to control most of Qusayr in major setback for Syria rebels (miamiherald.com)
- France FM says 3000-4000 Hezbollah fighters in Syria (worldbulletin.net)
- Assad says second S-300 missiles to arrive in Syria soon (worldbulletin.net)
- US demands Hezbollah withdraw from Syria (timesofisrael.com)
- Hezbollah admits its troops fighting in Syria (theuglytruth.wordpress.com)
- Hezbollah leader denies sending drone to Israel (timesofisrael.com)
- US: Syria chemical weapons case not airtight – Middle East – Al Jazeera English (aboriginalpress.wordpress.com)
- Nasrallah hints at possible Hezbollah intervention in Syria on Assad’s side (haaretz.com)
- Russia denies urging Hezbollah to withdraw from Syria (dailystar.com.lb)
- Lebanon dragged in as Hezbollah joins Syria war (worldbulletin.net)
- What’s Next for Syria? (blogs4victory.wordpress.com)
- US slams Hezbollah involvement in Syria (dailystar.com.lb)
- Hezbollah Now Actively Involved In Syria’s Civil War (warnewsupdates.blogspot.com)
- Al Qaeda threaten to set Beirut on fire over Hezbollah fighters in Syria (iranaware.com)
- It’s war by proxy on Lebanon’s northern border (dailystar.com.lb)