Home » Posts tagged 'Government of the United Kingdom'
Tag Archives: Government of the United Kingdom
Government Looking For Witches Will Find Them. (FULL ARTICLE)
While the nation’s political class has been fixated on a potential government shutdown in Washington this week, the NSA has continued to spy on all Americans and by its ambiguity and shrewd silence seems to be acknowledging slowly that the scope of its spying is truly breathtaking.
The Obama administration is of the view that the NSA can spy on anyone anywhere. The president believes that federal statutes enable the secret FISA court to authorize the NSA to capture any information it desires about any persons without identifying the persons and without a showing of probable cause of criminal behavior on the part of the persons to be spied upon. This is the same mindset that the British government had with respect to the colonists. It, too, believed that British law permitted a judge in secret in Britain to issue general warrants to be executed in the colonies at the whim of British agents.
General warrants do not state the name of the place to be searched or the person or thing to be seized, and they do not have the necessity of individualized probable cause as their linchpin. They simply authorize the bearer to search wherever he wishes for whatever he wants. General warrants were universally condemned by colonial leaders across the ideological spectrum — from those as radical as Sam Adams to those as establishment as George Washington, and from those as individualistic as Thomas Jefferson to those as big-government as Alexander Hamilton. We know from the literature of the times that the whole purpose of the Fourth Amendment — with its requirements of individualized probable cause and specifically identifying the target — is to prohibit general warrants…
- When Government Looks for Witches (txwclp.org)
- Napolitano: Our Secretive, Witch-Hunting Government (joemiller.us)
- FISA court is unconstitutional (distributedfreedom.wordpress.com)
- Judge Andrew Napolitano: Beware the NSA’s Ongoing Witch Hunt (ivoter.com)
UK Government “Pulverizes” Guardian Hard Drives In Snowden Retaliation, Says “There’s No Need To Write Any More” | Zero Hedge
- U.K. government thought destroying Guardian hard drives would stop Snowden stories (washingtonpost.com)
- The UK government ordered the Guardian to destroy its Snowden hard drives, and it did (al.com)
- Bank of England facilitated sale of Nazi gold (itv.com)
- Documents reveal Bank of England sold stolen gold for Nazis (davidicke.com)
- How Bank of England ‘helped Nazis sell gold stolen from Czechs’ (theguardian.com)
- Revealed: Nazi-looted Czech gold sold by Bank of England (rt.com)
- Iceland: The Lies We’ve been Told About Iceland’s “Recovery” (dailypaul.com)
- McDonald’s pulls out of Iceland (marginalrevolution.com)
- A Different View Of The Iceland “Recovery” (rvnewstoday.com)