A Common Tactic to Discredit Opponents Or to Create Momentum for “Regime Change”
The powers-that-be often use agent provocateurs to disrupt protests and paint protesters as violent and unlikeable.
For example, violent provocateurs were deployed:
- At the G20 protests in London
- In Cairo
- At the Occupy protests
- In Burma
- And in many other places
There is a related type of false flag operation commonly used to create chaos and discredit regimes or protesters: snipers.
- Unknown snipers reportedly killed both Venezuelan government and opposition protesters in the attempted 2002 coup
- Unknown snipers fired during Thailand’s 2010 protests
- Unknown snipers allegedly have created bedlam in Syria
- A Russian general alleges that – during Yeltsin’s protest in front of the Russian parliament – sniper fire came from the roof of the American Embassy
- And the Estonian foreign minister claims that the new Ukranian coalition deployed snipers to discredit the former government of Ukraine
Brutal … but effective and cheap.
Because it doesn’t cost much to hire one or a handful of snipers to access rooftops or bridge overpasses, create chaos, and then quietly disappear.