Canadian Natural Resources Ltd said on Thursday it has cut production at its 115,000 barrel per day Horizon oil sands project and its Woodenhouse heavy oil operations after natural gas supplies were cut following a rupture on TransCanada Corp’s Nova regional natural-gas pipeline network.
Canadian Natural said in an email that production has been reduced following the incident on TransCanada’s 1.6 billion cubic foot per day North Central Corridor pipeline, which delivers gas to the Athabasca oil sands region.
- TransCanada says gas pipeline in northern Alberta may have ruptured (business.financialpost.com)
- TransCanada Pipeline Leak Being Investigated (olduvaiblog.wordpress.com)
- TransCanada says two customers still lack gas after pipeline rupture in northern Alberta (business.financialpost.com)
- TransCanada pipeline rupture forces oil firms to scale back production (theglobeandmail.com)
- Some Injured and Many Dead in Delta Gas Pipeline Explosion (etcetera9ja.wordpress.com)