UK Home Prices Hit All-Time-Highs As BOE Sees “No Bubble” | Zero Hedge. (FULL ARTICLE)
U.K. house prices rose to a record last month as easier access to credit drove first-time buyers back to the market. As Bloomberg reports, the second phase of the government’s Help to Buy program was introduced this week, providing government-guaranteed mortgages to buyers with smaller deposits. The acceleration has fueled further concerns that the initiative may stoke a bubble. But have no fear…
- *BOE’S CUNLIFFE SAYS U.K. HOUSING NEEDS TO BE WATCHED CAREFULLY
- *CUNLIFFE SAYS DOESN’T AGREE U.K. IS ENTERING A HOUSING BUBBLE
What could go wrong? – “Demand has increased significantly in a short space of time, and raced ahead of the supply of homes.” Now where have we heard that before?
U.K. house prices rose to a record last month as easier access to credit drove first-time buyers back to the market, Acadametrics said….
- U.K. September Inflation Rate Unexpectedly Stays at 2.7% (bloomberg.com)
- U.K. September Home Prices Rise as Aid Programs Boost Demand – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Cameron’s Housing-Market Loan Fix Seen as Bad Policy for Britain (bloomberg.com)
- House prices hit record high during summer (theguardian.com)
- Re: Which Housing Bubble Is Going To Pop first: Australia, U.S., U.K. or Singapore? (forum.prisonplanet.com)
It’s all a huge government con to make their home loans nightmare look good. Whilst Central London, some major cities, and the SE are seeing house price increases, whole swathes of the UK aren’t seeing house sales AT ALL. Where there are jobs, house prices rise (what a surprise).
With mass unemployment still a major issue and people in state owned housing sliding into deeper and deeper debt, it’s just B.S. to apply the same comparison across the UK!
There again B.S. is a major tool in the UK governments play book.
And the Bank of England now has an ex-Goldmanite and Canadian, Mark Carney, in place to ensure money-printing continues unabated…
Of course! They’ll employ anyone nowadays just as long as they say “Yes” to anything they are asked to do.