What will future historians think of our time?
What will future historians think of our time?.
- History of Economic Analysis (joseywales1965.wordpress.com)
- Projections on Economic Collapse (Reblog) (repressedexpressions.wordpress.com)
- Theory, History, & Ideas (orrinwoodwardblog.com)
- (Another) Bad Day for Economists (boomerbeat.wordpress.com)
- Economics, cognitive science and social cognition (manwithoutqualities.com)
Obama NOT Worst President | Zero Hedge
Obama NOT Worst President | Zero Hedge.
- Obama: Worst President in History of the USA? (zerohedge.com)
- Louie Gohmert: Obama Has Stirred Up More ‘Racial Tension And Violence’ Than Any President Since The 1960s (huffingtonpost.com)
- Russia Makes a Fool Out of Obama, Over and Over (conservativeread.com)
- Obama: A Joke In His Own Time? (conservativesonfire.wordpress.com)
- “Obama’s The Reason I Lost My Home!” (theobamacrat.com)
charles hugh smith-How Bad Can Things Get?
charles hugh smith-How Bad Can Things Get?.
- Emergency Plans (joannerambling.wordpress.com)
- Emergency Preparedness: 101, by Jennie From the Flats (survivalblog.com)
House Prices Canada: Teranet Index Hits All-Time High Despite Efforts To Cool Market
House Prices Canada: Teranet Index Hits All-Time High Despite Efforts To Cool Market.
- Toronto, Hamilton lead real estate recovery (thestar.com)
- Calgary prices for repeat home sales continue to climb (calgaryherald.com)
- Home prices suffer smallest annual increase since 2009: Teranet (business.financialpost.com)
- Canadian home prices rose 1.0 percent in June from May – Teranet (xe.com)
- UK House-Price Index Rises to Highest Since 2006, RICS Says – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Canadian home prices hit all-time high in July (business.financialpost.com)
- US house prices continue to rise (emigrate2news.wordpress.com)
NYTimes Website Offline Following Cyberattack | Zero Hedge
NYTimes Website Offline Following Cyberattack | Zero Hedge.
- The New York Times Website is Down and Reportedly Under Cyberattack (mediaite.com)
- New York Times Website is Down, May be Under Attack (theepochtimes.com)
- The Day the Web Learned What It’d Be Like to Lose The New York Times (theatlanticwire.com)
Live Webcast: Things In Egypt Are Deteriorating Rapidly And Now The Vice President Resigns | Zero Hedge
Live Webcast: Things In Egypt Are Deteriorating Rapidly And Now The Vice President Resigns | Zero Hedge.
- After Egypt VP quits, party chief says no more resignations (news.yahoo.com)
- Egypt’s ElBaradei resigns as interim vice president (en.trend.az)
- Egypt: VP ElBaradei Resigns to Protest Raids (abcnews.go.com)
- Coupmonger Baradei resigns after massacre (worldbulletin.net)
Egyptian President Announces Month-Long State Of Emergency | Zero Hedge
Egyptian President Announces Month-Long State Of Emergency | Zero Hedge.
- Egyptian officials say only 26 injured in Cairo protests, contradicting Muslim Brotherhood claims of 120 dead – @CNN (edition.cnn.com)
- Interim Egyptian president sworn in (stuff.co.nz)
- Muslim Brotherhood Claim: New Egyptian President Adly Mansour is Jewish (algemeiner.com)
Whither Canadian Financial Oversight?
I just wanted to repost a commentary I wrote about this time last year and sent to a couple of Canadian media outlets (Toronto Star, Globe and Mail, National Post) for ‘publication.’ It was not published by any but it seems as relevant today, if not more so, as it did last summer:
- Canadian Billionaire Predicts The End Of The Dollar As Reserve Currency; Warns “It’s Likely To Get Ugly” (zerohedge.com)
- Why conservatives spin fairytales about the gold standard (blogs.reuters.com)
- Is The Fed Ready To Cut America’s Fiat Life Support? (personalliberty.com)
- Jim Rickards on a Return to a Gold Standard: “The Dollar is Definitely Collapsing”!! (socioecohistory.wordpress.com)
Blackout 10 years on: How ‘smart grids’ help blackout-proof the power game – Toronto – CBC News
Blackout 10 years on: How ‘smart grids’ help blackout-proof the power game – Toronto – CBC News.
- Ottawa reflects on decade after massive blackout (cbc.ca)
- Toronto remembers the blackout 10 years later (metronews.ca)
- Why blackouts are becoming more common, in two charts. (washingtonpost.com)
- The 2003 Blackout: Toronto remembers 10 years later (thestar.com)
- Blackout 2003: Ontario in the dark (globalnews.ca)
Scientists Gain New Insight Into Climate Change … And What To Do About It | Zero Hedge
Scientists Gain New Insight Into Climate Change … And What To Do About It | Zero Hedge.
- Cold Snap, or “How’s that global warming treating ya?” (thegazette.com)
- Conservative hostility to science predates climate science (grist.org)
- Further proof from credible scientists that what some call “Man made Climate Change is a hoax (orach24463.wordpress.com)