- NWO: The Plan – #1 (pennykelly.com)
- Self Sufficiency and Sustainability are key : When prepping just isn’t enough (familysurvivalprotocol.com)
- What Does It Mean to “Prepare for the Economic Collapse? (southweb.org)
- Life Was… Short (delong.typepad.com)
- Why Any Sort Of “Recovery” In The U.S. Is A Long, Long Way Off (bellaciao.org)
- Why Things Will Get Worse – Much Worse (economicnoise.com)
- Whenever Margin Debt Goes Over 2.25% Of GDP The Stock Market Always Crashes (sgtreport.com)
- A Hindenburg Omen Raises The Chances of A Stock Market Crash (etfdailynews.com)
- How the Market Can Crash. Oil Spike Ahead? (dont-tread-on.me)
- We Got An Official Confirmed Hindenburg Omen On May 31st, 2013 (safehaven.com)
- Why the Super-Rich Love Bubbles (thereformedbroker.com)
- Gold Trader: “Stock Market May Crash 10-20% In Next 5-10 Days, Will Create Setup For Bubble Phase In Gold” (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- COLLAPSE EMINENT: Why the Next Stock Market Crash Will Happen Any Day Now (secretsofthefed.com)
- S&P 500 Crash Warning: Margin Debt Surpasses 2007 Danger Levels (etfdailynews.com)
- Greece Isn’t Turning the Corner – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Greek Bailout Went To Wealthy, Investors (greece.greekreporter.com)
- Greece ” suddenly ” finds a 1.2 billion hole in its healthcare budget ! Meanwhile , as the Coalition seeks to find a way out of the ERT debacle which as it stands today , ERT is still off the air despite the Administrative Court Order of Monday ! And Troi (fredw-catharsisours.blogspot.com)
I began reading Dimitry Orlov’s recent publication, The Five Stages of Collapse: Survivors’ Toolkit, last week and it has got me thinking about his thesis with respect to the revelations around the U.S. surveillance system being used globally by the-powers-that-be (both corporate and political), in combination with the ongoing exposure of manipulation of various markets and interest rates.
Orlov argues that “my five stages of collapse…serve as mental milestones…[and each breaches] a specific level of trust or faith in the status quo. Although each stage causes physical, observable changes in the environment, these can be gradual, while the mental flip is generally quite swift” (p. 14).
Here are his five stages:
a) Financial collapse where faith in risk assessment and financial guarantees is lost (think Cyprus).
b) Commercial collapse that witnesses a breakdown in trade and widespread shortages of necessities (think Greece).
c) Political collapse through a loss of political class relevance and legitimacy (think current events almost everywhere).
d) Social collapse in which social institutions that could provide resources fail (coming to a locality near you?).
e) Cultural collapse that is exhibited by the disbanding of families into individuals competing for scarce resources (hopefully we never witness this).
Stage One: Financial Collapse
Orlov states “all that is required for financial collapse is for certain assumptions about the future to be invalidated, for finance is not a physical system but a mental construct” (p. 17). It would appear that we are well into this first stage as more and more people are questioning not only the stability of the financial system, but its very structure and long-term viability.
The subprime mortgage crisis of 2008 has left lingering concerns about the fragility of the global economic system. Add to this the ongoing manipulation of global interest rates and markets that has been exposed (see this). This manipulation has little to do with improving a system for the majority but has a lot to do with enriching the elite minority and transferring wealth to them from the majority (see this and this). Add to this the ever-increasing liquidity injections (i.e. money printing) by the world’s central banks (see this) and the theft of allocated funds by unprosecuted criminals (see this) and we have a recipe for increased loss of trust throughout the global financial system. In fact, there are many who have already lost complete faith in the system and recommend disinvesting one’s savings from these corrupt institutions and investing in hard assets (i.e. gold, silver, agricultural land, art, memorabilia, farming supplies, wine, etc.) that maintain or increase their value over time relative to the government-mandated fiat currency which loses its worth due to central bank malfeasance-inflation (see this and this).
Stage Two: Commercial Collapse
A breakdown in trade is beginning as more and more sovereign nations impose tariffs and/or devalue their currency in a vicious circle: currency devaluation leads to increase in exports for the ‘devaluer’ but a decrease for competitors-it’s a zero sum game after all); the competitor either devalues their currency in kind (see this and this) or imposes tariffs on the nation engaging in purposeful devaluation (see this).
In Greece, a peripheral nation within the Eurozone and a test case for extreme austerity, this type of collapse has occurred in regions, resulting in shortages of necessities such as pharmaceuticals, energy, and food (see this and this).
Stage Three: Political Collapse
I believe we have begun down this path with evermore revelations of government malfeasance. The latest salvo in this ongoing struggle between what we are told by our governments and what is the on-the-ground reality has been launched: the American National Security Agency’s decade+ invasion of privacy through a global surveillance regime. It’s bad enough that the elite have lied about this for more than a decade; what’s worse is their targeting of whistleblowers as ‘traitors’ as this de-incentivises exposing immoral or illegal acts perpetrated by our elite (see this).
We are moving ever closer to Orwell’s vision of a totalitarian world as expressed in his book 1984. One commentator has argued that 1984 was not designed to be an instruction manual but a warning (see this), and others have been warning about this type of intrusion for some years (see this).
There are numerous examples of political malfeasance and corruption being uncovered recently. For example:
a) Toronto mayor videotaped participating with others smoking crack cocaine (see this);
b) America’s National Security Agency’s creation of a global, electronic surveillance state-apparently even used to eavesdrop on other nations’ leaders at meetings (see this);
c) Montreal mayor arrested for corruption (see this);
d) Numerous former presidents/prime ministers/etc. being arrested/charged for various crimes from torture to murder (see this, this, this, and this)
e) The current and former premier of Ontario being linked to decisions cancelling gas plants to save political seats during an election (see this).
Using Orlov’s framework to interpret these concerns, arguments, perspectives, and facts, it would appear that trust and faith in the various systems are collapsing at an incredible rate. Faith in the financial system is crumbling; commercial enterprises, especially multinational corporations, are losing support and trade barriers are beginning to be erected; and, finally, all that is needed for political collapse is for more citizens to come to the realisation that the status quo is no longer working for the benefit of all but for the benefit of the elite. When the masses finally come to better understand the corruption and malfeasance that percolates throughout the political world, collapse of the political class will occur.
However, even given the various signs that the system is on the verge of collapse, it is important to realise that NO ONE can predict when this might occur. It could be tomorrow, next week, next year, or next decade…one never knows what event, minor or major, could spin us in an unexpected direction. Learn how to protect yourself and your family financially, socially, and practically (i.e. survival skills) to be in a better position to adapt to the coming changes.
- Brazil’s Protests: A Resource Guide (riogringa.com)
- Brazil: Protests gathering steam in Brazil (ionglobaltrends.com)
- Protest Over Bus Fare Increases Happening All Over Brazil – Protesta Em Brasil Read more: http://www.excitingrio.com/protest-bus-fare-increases-happening-brazil-protesta-em-brasil (excitingrio.wordpress.com)
- Biggest protests in 20 years sweep Brazil – Yahoo! News (grindaline.wordpress.com)
- BRAZIL PROTESTS: Understand Why The People Of Brazil Are Going To The Streets (Video In English) – 17 June 2013 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)
- Egypt warns Ethiopia over Nile dam – Africa – Al Jazeera English (ramyabdeljabbar.wordpress.com)
- Egypt and Ethiopia vow to defuse Blue Nile dam row(BBC) (ethiotribune.net)
- Ethiopia Ignores Egyptian Warnings on Nile (freebeacon.com)
- Rebels get Saudi missiles (arabtimesonline.com)
- West scolds Putin over Syria before G8 meeting (dailystar.com.lb)
- Putin tells Obama their positions don’t coincide on Syria..Cameron and Putin lock horns (seeker401.wordpress.com)
- Obama, Putin differ on Syria (toledoblade.com)
- Syria-no “good” side/Is this WW III Beginning? (supertradmum-etheldredasplace.blogspot.com)
- Putin warns U.S., West against arming organ-eating Syrian rebels (fox2now.com)
- Northern Gateway hearings enter final two weeks of submissions (beaconnews.ca)
- Northern Gateway’s biggest risk to Canada is not approving pipeline: Enbridge (business.financialpost.com)
- Northern Gateway is in best interest of all Canadians, company tells review board (vancouversun.com)
- Enbridge backers Cenovus, Suncor to make their case for Northern Gateway (business.financialpost.com)
- Federal panel to hear final pitch for and against Northern Gateway pipeline (theprovince.com)
- Final Enbridge Northern Gateway hearings begin in Terrace today (vancouverobserver.com)